Friday, February 28, 2014

My Birthday Bug!

Happy fake 2nd birthday to my sweet Bug! Feb 29th is her real birthday, so we celebrate today. She was such a little surprise for us when she arrived a short 13 months after her big sister, came on leap day a week before her due date, and barely gave Mommy enough time to get to the hospital before making her appearance. She has been surprising us ever since with her charming personality.


Bug is such a happy little girl and has brought our family so much joy in 2 short years. She and Belle are always inseparable, and I love watching them play together. Bug is an absolute introvert, and I even caught her hiding alone in Belle's room during her very loud birthday party. I guess this extraverted family needs to learn how to respect her alone time. She is so snuggly and loving, and she is currently a big time Mama's girl. She also loves her blanket and sucking her thumb. Bug is so good at taking care of her baby dolls and loves babies, so I know she's going to be an amazing big sister soon!


She is probably the best sleeper I have ever seen (she definitely gets this from her Mommy). She has always loved her sleep and now sleeps 12 hours a night and takes a solid 2 or 3 hour nap every day. She asks to get in her crib when she's sleepy and never cries when she wakes up. Yesterday we had workers come clean out all of our air ducts, and they had to go in the girls' room to vacuum the vents in there.  I figured the girls would wake up, but Bug never even rolled over! Of course, you should not mess with Bug if she has not gotten the 15 hours of sleep she needs.... my sweet little girl can throw one heck of a tantrum when she's tired.
Happy birthday my beautiful little Bug!!! We love you so much.

2 comments:

  1. Why is it cute when a 2 yo sleeps 15 hours but not when a grown woman does it? Happy birthday to one of the most smiley babies ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you mean it's not cute when a grown woman sleeps 15 hours a day?!?! I'm in trouble then :)

      Delete