Sunday, February 9, 2014

Magic School Bus Birthday

Yesterday we had a birthday party for both girls. Belle just turned 3 and Bug is about to turn 2, so we had a joint party with friends and family. Leading up to the party the forecast was calling for snow/rain, and I was really nervous about having 35 people stuck inside our small house for the party, but we lucked out and there was not a drop of precipitation! The guys sat outside by the firepit, the kids could go in or out to play, and we had a great time. 


The girls both love the Magic School Bus books, so we decided that'd be the theme for their party. It really just ended up being a school bus theme with lots of yellow. I considered dressing up as Ms. Frizzle (I did this for character day at school a few weeks ago, and Belle hasn't stopped talking about it since!), but the Officer thought that people might think I was weird ha.  


I used my newish cricut to make a banner! 
The Officer made the cake and I decorated it. Thanks to my dear SIL who saved the day (over the phone) when she told me about dirty icing a cake- who knew?!

Belle eating cupcakes with one of her sweet buddies



The girls (and Mommy) were so glad that Grandma made the trip down for the party.
We had such a fun day and were so grateful to all the friends and family who came to celebrate with us!



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you :) it actually was easy to decorate, and the Officer did the molding/baking

      Delete
  2. love it! and so glad you started a blog! yay

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a party! And isn't it spectacular that the Mikfamily ALWAYS has wonderful weather for your celebrations - even in the dead of winter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent website! I adore how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am questioning how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. Looking for more new updates. Have a great day! Houston party characters

    ReplyDelete