Monday, February 24, 2014

7 posts and a fun weekend

I'm linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary for 7 posts in 7 days.... I'm definitely getting in way over my head, since I haven't even written 7 posts ever, but maybe it will motivate me to be a better blogger.

This weekend the girls and I made the 2 hour trip to visit my parents. The Officer was working, all weekend, so I thought we'd spend some time visiting family while he was busy. It was so nice. My parents are renovating most of their house right now, so they were very busy, but they welcomed us to stay in the chaos anyway. My parents are the greatest. Their doors are always open, and the fridge is always full :) 

My girls love visiting their Grandparents and cousins. Belle gets to sleep in the "dorm room" complete with 2 sets of bunk beds and 2 older cousins. She was in Heaven, and this time didn't get out of bed every 12 seconds, so I could enjoy it too. Bug loves sleeping in her pak-n-play in my parents walk-in closet (and she napped through a vanity renovation outside her door).... that girl seriously loves her sleep. While we were there we saw all of my in-state siblings and their kids. Everyone visited and helped out with different projects around the house. Big families are truly the best. Belle and Bug got to go for an evening walk with 2 of their cousins.  The walk was full of giggles. 


My parents' neighbors had a huge moon bounce in their driveway for a birthday, and they were kind enough to invite all our kiddos to join in the fun. The kids loved the massive "jumpy house" complete with a slide, and the big kids were so awesome to take care of the toddlers and help them on the slide. Sunday it was 70 degrees here, so we got to play outside after we came home. We had a great weekend and loved the warm weather (which isn't supposed to last), but we are happy to be home and to see the Officer again! I hope you enjoyed the beautiful weekend. How much longer until Spring break???? 





4 comments:

  1. Correction: "fridges are always full"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha thank you for correcting that. yes all of the fridges are always full :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These Cooley Cousin pics look like they should be in a catalog. Honestly, if it were humanly possible to pose toddlers, I would have thought that's what was done...but knowing toddlers, it's obvious they they just love and adore each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes the minute you try to pose toddler is when they insist on turning around and showing you their back instead.... you are right they just adore their cousins!

      Delete