Thursday, November 6, 2014

Missed Milestone

Today I finished my 2nd week back to work as a long-term substitute teacher. I talked here about my thoughts before going back to work, and so far it has all gone pretty much as I thought it would. It has been painfully difficult to be up at 6am and out the door at 6:45, and the girls agree completely. I feel like I'm packing my entire life the night before and still barely get to work on time. Then I get to work, and I love it. I teach the sweetest group of 4-year-olds, who give me about 37 hugs a day. They tell me that my tummy looks fat (yep seriously), they proudly show me their perfectly written letter "G", and they hold my hand as they walk in the hallway. Teaching is wonderful. Then I get home and feel guilty if my girls were sad or difficult. Being a Mom is pretty much just an exhausting roller coaster of emotions. All. the. time.

so photogenic
This week was especially exhausting. The Officer and I worked the same 4 days, so we never saw each other, and did some crazy juggling of children. During all that, I had to take the girls grocery shopping, voting, the Doctor's, and had to deal with the continued diaper issues of my sweet baby. We survived, and now it's my weekend!! Hopefully, this was the hardest week for juggling work schedules. I do enjoy teaching, but this is all confirming for me that I love being a SAHM, especially today. Today I got home from work and the Officer told me that my sweet little soon-to-be 4 month old baby had rolled over from her back to her tummy for the first time. While I was at work! Seriously kid, I'm home the first 3 months of your life nonstop, and now I work a mere 20 hours a week, and you decide to roll while I'm gone?! I wasn't actually sad about missing this little baby milestone, because she'll do it another thousand times for me, and I know my time at work is brief, and then I can be home for all of the rest of her milestones- she better not learn to walk while I'm in the shower or I'll stop speaking to her. I'm so glad that I can be a SAHM, even if it's a choice our President doesn't want me to make ;)
Now, I'm off to spend the entire weekend coaxing my baby into rolling again
She makes everything in the world all better

4 comments:

  1. "Being a Mom is pretty much just an exhausting roller coaster of emotions. All. the. time." something that needs to be needlepointed on a pillow! You're amazing and hilarious - thanks for the quip about the POTUS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Mic the other day that Aunt Mantha has got to have the hardest job in all of this ... 7 kids under 5?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take the Kindergartener off her hands, so it's ONLY 6 kids under 4 haha. she definitely has the hardest job... fortunately she has only had to do it a few times. She's a pretty good Aunt. Almost as good as "the favorite Aunt" Martizi :)

      Delete
  3. I do not like this situation with her having so much more access to them! And the ability to sew them beautiful dress-up costumes! Gotta keep up my game.

    ReplyDelete