Friday, October 3, 2014

Fall Fun


I'm linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary, and I'm finally writing down what we've been up to this fall. I've been in denial that summer is actually over. Fall means winter is coming and winter is just the worst, but we've been having so much fun the last few weeks.

1. Belle has been asking the Officer to teach her how to play tennis for months, but we never had the time. So the last few weeks we've all gone out a few times to play, and she has loved it!


2. We've also hit up our favorite playground a few times and walked to the neighborhood slide on beautiful fall evenings.

3. Frozen on Ice. What an amazing night. Aunt Mantha wanted to take her Goddaughter (Belle) to it, and Bug and I tagged along for a super fun girls night out. The girls squealed and laughed and smiled the entire time. It was so magical to watch their joy!


4. Every fall our church has an awesome Oktoberfest that raises money for some of the local Catholic schools. We always have a great time at Oktoberfest. I hear that the beer is excellent (ew I hate beer). I can vouch for the delicious food, and there is a kidzone that my kids love. The KidZone had a moon bounce and a huge blow-up slide, different bean bag toss games, and face painting. We all had a great afternoon at Oktoberfest, and my sweet little baby just napped in her stroller the whole time.

Belle wanted her face paint to be "scary", and that's what it was. Bug's was worse though, because it didn't come off well, and the next morning she had blue circles around her eyes at Mass.

5. The following weekend our little town had a fall festival, which was packed and FREE. You park at the local High School and a trolley takes you down to "The Village Green" where they have tons and tons of tents full of different vendors, food trucks, and a kidzone that I wish I was small enough to play in! They had face painting, bull riding, a dunk booth, moon bounce, a blow-up maze, dancing, and more.... Did I mention that all of that was FREE?!?! We packed lunches, and the only money we spent the whole day was buying the girls ice cream at the end.


6. Also, this fall we have decided to tackle a few more home renovations. The Officer spent a week renovating our powder room, and this week he did the demo on our master bathroom. The master bath reno is going to be a long project I'm sure....

Here is the finished powder room. Hard to get a good picture of such a small bathroom, but I love it! 

7. So this season is off to a great start for us, and now we get to start doing all the fun Halloween activities! Next year when I get all depressed that summer is ending, someone remind me that fall is pretty incredible too. And here is a picture of the littlest Mik (and all of her chins) hanging out with one of her buddies. She is always so chill for all of our family adventures.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to keep my eye out for bathroom reno pictures; we'll be doing ours in a few months

    ReplyDelete
  2. The powder room looks awesome! But the chub in the last picture really steals the show.

    ReplyDelete