Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Toddler Talk

Toddlers are always so funny. I hate that I forget all the funny little things my girls say, so here are a few of our recent conversations that I want to remember when I need a smile.

Belle was reading a book and sneezed:
Belle: I got my bless yous all over the page!!

Belle: Why don't we have a dog?
the Officer: Mommy is allergic, so it would make her sick to have a dog in the house.
Belle: Mommy, you can go outside, and then we could have a dog inside.

I said "say cheese", and this is what I got
some Belle vocabulary:
"poodle potties"= porta potties
"alligator juice"= gatorade


After a day of the adults renovating my parents house:
Belle: Grandma and Grandpa worked hard today
Me: Yes, everyone worked very hard today.
Belle: I worked hard too
Me: What'd you do to work hard?
Belle: I worked hard to get up from my nap.
It's hard work being 3
Lately Belle loves to talk about what everyone will be when they grow up. Almost always her list goes like this: Bug is going to be a police officer, Belle is going to be "a soccer team", baby Mik will be a teacher, and our next baby after that is going to be a pilot... I guess we need exactly 4 children, because she knows of 4 possible occupations right now.

The other day when I asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up this is what I got:
Belle: I'm going to be a Nun
Mommy's Catholic heart melted
Belle: Then when I'm done being a Nun I'm going to get married and have a baby in my tummy
Me: ummm that's not how that works.....

I really need to work on my theology instruction


frequent conversation with Bug:
Me: How are you doing Bug?
Bug (while holding her lower back): My back hurts
Me: ......
Bug: I need to have the Doctor check my back.

She's 2 and her back is fine, but one time Daddy hurt his back....


another frequent conversation with Bug:
Bug: I love you
Me: I love you more!
Bug: I love you Miss Frizzle!

no clue what that means except that we are too obsessed with Magic School Bus....




2 comments:

  1. These are hilarious!! Thanks for sharing :-) Such sweet girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna be a soccer team when I grow up too!

    ReplyDelete