Saturday, March 22, 2014

At least it's Saturday

It's a beautiful Saturday. We had snow to begin the week, and we might have snow again next week, but today it is a beautiful 74 degrees and sunny. I would be planning a trip to the park with the girls and some imaginary bear hunts in the back yard, but instead we are stuck inside. Belle has had some awful stomach virus, so we've been hunkered down on the couch with juice and toast waiting it out and just praying Bug doesn't get it.

I was lucky to have 3 years of parenting before I ever had to deal with vomit, but now that nice honeymoon phase has ended with a bang. My poor sweet Belle has been so sick, and it breaks my heart. Emotional mothering reaches a whole new level while you are watching your little 3-year-old hunched over a toilet multiple times a day. A Mom would do anything to make it stop and trade places with her sweet little child, and it's painful that you can't do anything to fix it. I always thought these stomach viruses lasted a day or two and might mean one or two times throwing up..... wow was I ever wrong. We've been woken up multiple times a night to our sick little girl for 3 nights now, and she has spent 3 long days barely moving off the couch. Today she finally seemed to turn a corner, so let's pray she's almost over it! During a particularly rough night with lots of cleaning and little sleep I started to have a nice little pity-party for myself (and Daddy), but instead I played my "at least" game. I'll have to explain this game in another post, but just think Pollyanna.
It'd be a miracle if Bug doesn't get sick, because she insists on being one foot away from Belle at all times

So here they are: At least the Officer (aka Superdad) has been home the last few nights to help with middle of the night clean-up duty. At least it's the weekend, and I don't have work. At least Bug hasn't gotten it (yet!)... I'm scared to even vocalize that one. At least we've had lots of basketball to watch while stuck inside (even if our alma mater already lost in a very painful game). At least my Belle is the toughest little girl in the world and hasn't complained a single time. At least this should end soon! There are a thousand more little blessings to be thankful for, but that list is good enough for now. Prayers for my tough little Belle and prayers that my happy little Bug doesn't catch it!






7 comments:

  1. Ahhhh - the "at least game" makes it's first blog appearance! It's truly a lifestyle! Please post more of these, ok??? Sooo sorry for poor, sweet Belle!!! She is going to go far in life if something like this doesn't bring out a complaint in her - what a saint. Glad the officer was there to help - thinking perhaps MamaMik and the Officer will be in need of a relaxing date night after this passes - whew! Prayers for a speedy recovery for Belle and a healthy Bug <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you were waiting for the "at least game" =)
      Thanks for the prayers- Belle is 100% again and Bug never got it!!!

      Delete
  2. awwww poor little girl! Stomach viruses are the worst! I always tried to make bright of the situation and just have a movie day and lots of sleep! Praying for you all that it does not make it through the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahhh sick babies break my heart :-( ..AT LEAST it's over now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of sick Belly has haunted me for days. Please tell me she is better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was so miserable and seemed to last forever..... finally yesterday she was back to 100% running around happy girl!

      Delete