Sunday, March 16, 2014

Feeling Grateful

Yesterday I was in a very uncharacteristic cleaning mood, and I cleaned our house and organized the girls' winter and spring clothes all day. Then last night the Officer and I went to a very fun St. Patrick's day party and stayed out way too late for this pregnant lady. So today I was completely exhausted, and the Officer had to work. Fortunately, I had a little 3-year-old angel today (and an awesome 2-year-old who likes to sleep just as much as her Mother).
they dream of a day when Mommy will let them bunk together

Belle just behaved perfectly all day today (even at Mass!), which made such a nice calm day for this sleepy Mama. When she woke up from her nap and I was still sleeping on the couch, she let me sleep. Sweet little Belle spent 30 minutes quietly sitting next to the couch reading books while I napped, and then she kept up her reading for another 45 minutes while I made dinner. Some evenings when the Officer is working during dinner and bedtime it can be difficult for me, but not today.

This was her "reading" set-up for over an hour
It's only been a few months, but 3 is such a fun age!! Of course 3 has had tantrums, whining, and arguing with her sister, but so often it is hilarious, independent, sweet and innocent..... and those are the moments I want to remember. There are days when I can't wait to put them in bed so I can collapse on the couch and have a quiet moment, but then there are days like today. Days when I look across the dinner table at 2 blue-eyed toddlers who are cracking each other up. Days when I give lots of extra kisses and super tight hugs, because I feel like my heart is going to explode with love for these 2 little girls. Days when I hope these little toddlers of mine never grow up.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post, MommyMik! Thank you for inspiring us to always look and be grateful for the things about parenting that we want to remember :)

    ReplyDelete