Wednesday, February 25, 2015

SAHM slow mornings

There are a lot of things that I miss about teaching and working outside the home, but one thing I do not miss is waking up early and being out of the house at 7am. Being a SAHM has it's challenges of course, but I love spending so much time with my girls, and I really enjoy the flexibility in our schedule. The girls and I rarely have anywhere we need to be these days. None of them are in school yet or doing any activities (Belle is about to start soccer though!), so going to Mass is really the only set time we ever have to be anywhere. We have to make trips to the grocery store and the library, but we can do that around nap time or lunch, and nobody knows if we don't finish our breakfast or get out of pajamas until 10:00. It is awesome. I know our schedule won't always be like this, but I'm enjoying it for now. 

Belle and I love smoothies, so we spend many mornings sitting together enjoying a smoothie after breakfast. We use coconut milk, strawberries, bananas, and honey and yummm they are good. Belle loves to talk and ask a million questions, so we always have nice little chats while we drink our smoothies together. I'm always so glad when I actually take the time to sit down and just focus on a conversation with one of my girls. Hopefully I will always be able to make the time for these precious little talks. 


Here is Belle's face after asking me for the millionth time if I can pleeeeease put her in school now. Sorry girl, you might be ready, but your Mommy is not. 

Bug doesn't actually like smoothies (or juice or anything other than water), but she never wants to be left out of the fun, so she always insists I pour her one. She swears that she likes it and drinks one sip, but she is always happy to hang out with her big sister and Mama. I love this season of our life full of slow-paced mornings with the occasional temper tantrum thrown in for good measure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment