Thursday, February 12, 2015

Frozen crafting

On Saturday we threw a Frozen themed birthday party for Belle and Bug. My SIL and I teamed up to create a pinterest-worthy party, and we had so much fun doing it! Here are the details from a few of the projects that we did. 

I just learned how to sew last month, so I'm always looking for simple ways to practice my rookie sewing skills. Making a fabric bunting for the party was perfect practice, and it looked cute. I used a tutorial I found at Glorious Treats, and it was easy to follow. I got all the fabric in the remnant section at Joann's, so it was really cheap. The sewing was all straight lines so it was easy. I did run into a few problems when I was sewing the bias tape along the top- I hit a pin and ran out of thread on my bobbin- you know the rookie sewing mistakes, but over all it was simple, cheap, and I think it looks pretty good! 

I also made a Happy Birthday banner using my Cricut. I've always been able to just use the 2 cartridges that came with the machine. The accents cartridge had snowflakes, so I cut out a million snowflakes, and I ended up breaking the cricut mat. I cut letters (3.75"), glued them on the filled in snowflakes (4.25"), and then I glued those on a blue snowflake design (4.5"). Then I hole-punched them and hung them on a blue ribbon. We taped snowflakes on the wall and mantle, and then we hung the extras from the ceiling.



I aslo used the cricut to cut out some simple labels for all of the food, and my SIL and i had fun creating Frozen themed food. 
My SIL made this ice candy, which was perfect to add to the cake
My SIL is the real talented creator, and she made a fantastic cake for this birthday party. Didn't she do an incredible job??


She also made the girls' Frozen costumes for Halloween, and they were happy to wear them again for their party. Tomorrow I'll post details about the actual party and all of the fun we had! 








3 comments:

  1. Great job!!!!! I hadn't seen a pic of the cake before - amazing. It's so great that you two have each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. didn't she do such a great job?? I am so glad she's back in town!

      Delete