Friday, January 30, 2015

The March, a birthday, and a bathroom renovation that will eventually be done! 7QT

I haven't blogged in the last week, because the Officer took time off work to renovate the bathroom, so I've actually been able to hang out with my husband in the evenings instead of blog. It was nice, but now he's back to arresting criminals, and I'm back to toddler bedtime and blogging. I do have lots of fun things to recap since last week though, and 7 quick takes with This Ain't the Lyceum is the perfect way to do it.....

1. Last week I made the trip with the girls to D.C. for the March for Life. Wow. It's always so inspirational. If you have never been, go next year. There are a million reasons why it's hard, cold, or inconvenient to go, but just try to find a way. There are a million unborn reasons why it's so very important.

2. Then last Friday my sweet Belle turned four, and we had such a wonderful day. Wow, 4 was really a fun birthday... she was just so excited all day. We had spent the night with family to go to the March, so she woke up with lots of cousins who made her cupcakes and colored pictures for her. Then we came home to celebrate some more. I asked what special meal she wanted for her birthday, and her only request was an ice cream cone (she is absolutely my daughter), so 4 candles in a carton of ice cream it was.  

adidas jacket, ponytail, and ice cream.... she makes me so proud :)
3. To end her fantastic fourth birthday some more cousins came over for a last minute celebration. Everyone had so much fun, and Belle was excited about every single detail of her day. The only gift she asked for was a sled, so hopefully we get enough snow at some point this winter to actually use it. Her birthday fun will continue next weekend when we throw a joint Frozen birthday for her and Bug. 


4.  The other gift we gave her for her birthday was a homemade pillow. I got a sewing machine and just learned how to use it (thanks Mantha!), so for my first sewing project I made Belle a pillow. I think it turned out pretty well, and Belle thinks it's perfect. So far I've only tried sewing easy things with straight lines, but I'm really enjoying learning to sew! 

5.  This week the Officer worked really hard on the master bathroom renovation. He finished tiling the shower, which of course took longer than he thought it would, but he did such a great job. He even tiled a little built-in shelf, since I told him (using my vast knowledge of tiling and renovations) that it wouldn't be that hard.

6. All of the girls loved having the Officer home in the evenings all week. 


7. For my last take I have to mention the littlest member of our household, who has just smiled along through our fun and hectic week. She also started eating baby food, and loved it :)

4 comments:

  1. Ha, that 4th birthday pic with the sports jacket and ice cream candles is soooo you!

    Why is there no waterproof bright orange stuff behind the tile?? Would Holmes approve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha she definitely takes after her Mom
      not sure if Holmes would approve- but the guy at Home Depot would lol... there are all kinds of layers under there with I think tar paper and cement board and some other stuff... I just stick to the designing part

      Delete
    2. ps I updated the bathroom picture because I realize what you really want to see is the finished product!!!

      Delete
  2. Came back to look at the updated shower tile picture and WOW! Great job picking out the tile and "directing" the design. :)

    ReplyDelete