Friday, January 23, 2015

4-year-old Belle

Today my sweet Belle turns 4. Four years ago today she finally arrived 10 days late after a grueling 40 hours of labor. She was worth every second of it. I love that kid so very much, and I'm so proud of the little girl she is becoming. I can't believe I get to be her Mommy!
sweet baby Belle, even if she looks just like Lettie
I remember when we first had Belle feeling all nervous about our oldest child. The oldest child teaches you how to become a parent. I think there is so much pressure on the oldest to set the tone for the family. The oldest will teach the other children so many things (for better or worse). Belle is the perfect oldest sister. She is always willing to help take care of Bug and Lettie. Belle teaches them so many things and is usually such a great example to them.

she loves her little sisters so very much
Belle is so smart. She pays attention and remembers everything, and she loves to ask "why" about a thousand times a day. I love watching her learn and play. There is joy in everything she does, and she truly makes our house a happier place. I can't believe how quickly these 4 years have flown by. I wish I could keep her little forever, but time just keeps moving on. We are treasuring these years with her at home, when she still thinks the world of her Mommy and Daddy, she always wants snuggles, and she loves to spend hours reading books, doing puzzles, and playing with tangrams and magnatiles.
You can always see joy on her sweet face
I love you so much my sweet Belle. I hope you always know that, and I hope you have a wonderful 4th birthday!!!


1 comment:

  1. wish she would stop growing. sniff sniff. happy birthday, belly!

    ReplyDelete