Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Back to School

This is the first year since I was in Kindergarten that I haven't gone back to school as a student or a teacher. I definitely have some mixed emotions about it, but overall it's been a very enjoyable "back to school" season in the Mik house. I have loved seeing all of the first day of school pictures people are posting of their kids, and almost everyone captions the pictures with "where has the time gone?" I am aware of how fast these years will fly by, so today I relished the fact that I didn't have to send any children off to a first day of school yet. Instead we stayed home and made a cardboard house and baked cookies.... of course there were many moments of whining that made me think maybe sending them to school in a few years won't be all that bad ;)
No, the baby didn't get any of the cookies. Those cheeks are just because she has been neglecting exercise


I loved teaching, and I miss parts of it, but sleeping in a little later is nice and spending more time with the girls is priceless. Of course I couldn't resist all the adorable teaching preschool ideas on pinterest, so this happened in our house yesterday....

Just a little alphabet parking lot for their cars
Good thing my skills as a teacher can be put to good use as a SAHM.... too bad I don't have such expertise in other necessary areas for my SAHM career (you know like cooking, budgeting, grocery shopping, organizing, cleaning, and the other million things Moms do every day).  Happy new school year!

1 comment:

  1. Eh, you have the number one skill at SAHM should have: choose husband who likes to cook, grocery shop, clean and budget. :) Love the alphabet parking lot idea and Bug's omnipresent huge smile.

    ReplyDelete