Friday, September 19, 2014

Baptism

I never posted about Third little girl's Baptism that occurred a month ago. Life is so busy, but I definitely don't want to forget her special day. Her Baptism was absolutely beautiful, and we got to share it with so many wonderful friends and family. We had a joint Baptism with one of our friends from Church, whose adorable baby boy is just 2 weeks younger than our lady.


We asked our dear friends Lauren and Patrick to be the Godparents of our Third little girl. The Officer and I were in CCM with them in College, and Lauren and I were roommates for a few wonderful years. I still remember very fondly the first double date that we went on with this amazing couple. Their marriage is beautiful, and they are incredible parents to two young boys, so we knew they would be perfect Godparents. I know they will be praying fiercely for our little lady as she grows, and be great Catholic role models- plus it means they are forced to remain friends with us for the rest of their lives- and now I can give Lauren a guilt trip any time she doesn't answer her phone ;)


We did the Baptism in the Old Rite, which was beautiful and means the Godparents hold the baby the entire time. I don't think they minded....


After the Baptism we had a fun reception full of so many family and friends. Our little girls are very loved, and I hope they always know that.


My Mom of course was there for yet another Baptism- she has been to so many Sacraments over the years for her 29 grandchildren. She and my Dad are awesome Grandparents. My sister D came just one week after moving back home from across country, and we are so happy to have her and her family nearby now!

It was such a joyful day to welcome another little girl into the Catholic Church, and I hope she grows to appreciate this incredible faith.


I hope we can help get these 3 little souls to Heaven some day. Thank goodness we also have so many friends and family praying for them!

5 comments:

  1. It still confuses me when you mention someone not answering your phone call. You call people??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha sometimes.... and I always expect them to answer :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other memories to remember from the day!
    - EVERY time the sign of the cross was traced on Baby Girl, as well as the MOMENT the Holy Water was poured on her sweet head she gave the most angelic smiles!
    - If she wasn't smiling during the sacrament...she was sleeping...like a true Mikkgirl
    - The only moment during the sacrament that I was slightly distracted was when I was trying to remove her ADORABLE bonnet from her...because she has so many glorious chubby chins that I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the bonnet tie from around her hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes thank you for those memories!! I didn't have the perfect view of her sweet chubby cheeks like you did!

      Delete