Monday, June 30, 2014

The Waiting Time

I am 2 days away from my due date, so I'm assuming that I won't be pregnant much longer. Of course with Belle I went 10 days past my due date, so I guess I could still have 2 more weeks to go! Most of this pregnancy I thought this baby would come early, but I was obviously wrong about that ha. I'm okay with it though. I always like to soak up the last few days/weeks before our lives are turned upside down with a newborn. Of course, I am so excited to hold this little baby and see those tiny toes and fingers, but in the meantime I'm enjoying what life is like right now. I'm definitely enjoying my daily afternoon naps. Every day the girls take a solid 1.5 hour (or longer) nap together, and this Mommy does too. I'll miss my naps when I'm on a newborn schedule, but I will absolutely not miss the 39 weeks (and counting) of nausea. So, I'm making the most of the end of my pregnancy, but I know that nothing beats newborn snuggles.
39 weeks
I've mentioned before that I have some pregnancy procrastination issues, but this time I'm actually ready to have a baby. Bug came early, so I thought that might happen again. We have baby clothes out, the car seat and bassinet ready, and I am ready to meet this baby. Of course, tomorrow the Officer will be out of town, so I really hope the baby doesn't decide to make an appearance tomorrow. Anytime after that is okay though (and labor always happens according to our plans right???).

Bug with her version of a baby carrier
The girls are 100% ready to meet this baby. Bug tells me that she is going to give the baby pacifiers and toys and she might even share her stuffed animals with the baby. Belle is super excited to help take care of the baby, and I'm sure both of the girls are ready to stop hearing me say that I can't do things because I have "a big baby in my tummy". Today Belle told me that she was going to the hospital because the baby in her tummy was big enough to come out. Then she told me that Puppy had gotten big enough to come out and now he was a tiny baby. She spent the whole day taking care of her newborn Puppy. She wrapped him in a blanket all day, nursed him, Baptized him, put him the bouncy seat, and even told me that I needed to wash my hands before I held him because he was so little. Then she told Bug and me that we needed to leave her alone so she could rest after having a baby. Haha I'd say that girl has the whole newborn thing all figured out already.

Belle getting some practice with one of our sweet newborn friends :)

Here's to hoping that my next blog post will be filled with adorable pictures of my newborn!!!

1 comment: