Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Moms out there. I have been really lucky to have some wonderful women in my life showing me what a great mother looks like. I grew up with 2 loving, generous Grandmothers, an inspiring Godmother, and 5 older sisters, who are some of the best mothers and Godmothers I know. Then I married the Officer and gained a perfect Mother-in-law. I have learned so much from all of these women, but of course, the most important woman in my life is my dear Mom.


My Mom has 7 children and 30 grandchildren, but even that is not enough people for her to love. If you have ever met my Mom she has given you one of her huge hugs, she has probably made dinner for you, baked congo squares for you, asked about your day, offered you a place to sleep, and she has definitely reminded you to "be holy". She is a Mom to everyone she meets.
Even after 30 grandchildren, she is still always so happy to hold a baby!
Belle and Bug love Grandma!
Thank you Mom for teaching me so much about how I should love. Thank you for showing me that every life is precious, and thank you for be willing to constantly sacrifice for your family. I hope I'm a Mom just like you. You are the most incredible Mother and Grandmother, and I thank God for you every day.
wedding dress shopping..... she has been there for every big moment in my life

On this Mother's Day I'm also thankful that I have 2 sweet little girls who call me Mommy. It is the absolute best job in the world!


2 comments: