Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hot

Our air conditioning stopped working last Thursday, and it has been hot. We were scheduled to have people come check the air conditioner today... they were supposed to be here between 9:00-1:00. It's 2:45, and I just got a message that they are on their way. It is also 93 degrees outside right now. I'm also 33 weeks pregnant. My first two babies were winter babies, so I had no clue what being really pregnant in the summer was like.... wow I need to have all winter babies from now on. Yesterday, the girls and I spent the afternoon walking around Target and their nice air conditioned facility (we definitely would have done the same today if we didn't have to stay at home waiting for the workmen to get here). It is bearable as long as I can sit still on the couch with the fan on me, but as soon as I have to function as an actual human and cook dinner (ah the oven!) or do some other chore... wow the suffocating heat kicks in.  Yes, I'm definitely being dramatic, but it's hot!
They don't look like they are suffering too much.... I guess I'm the only wimp in the Mik house
So, of course I needed to play my "at least" game today. At least it's not July heat. At least my house usually has air conditioning!  At least when I'm in the car I can blast the air conditioning. At least my girls have not complained a single time even with hair sweating to their foreheads- they are still insisting on sleeping with their big blankets on them (but I was able to convince them to lose the socks). At least the AC van just got here..... let's hope they can fix it!!!

8 comments:

  1. "At least" you can open the fridge and freezer and push your body right up against the cool air. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Martizi every time I get ice for my water bottle (about every 20 minutes) I linger at the freezer a little longer than necessary and consider sticking my head in and mimicking your hair drying strategy :)

      Delete
  2. Umm...it's cracking me up that your girls are snuggled under a stinkin' blanket in that heat. Bug and Belle love their snuggling time in all seasons <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren seriously these two are a little crazy..... after the workers left Belle said, "did he fix the air so we can wear socks again??"

      Delete
  3. Poor bridgit! I can totally relate our AC broke in August the week I went into labor with Katie. And the people came or course the day I went into labor. I was hoping for an earlier labor so I could head to the hospital. But at least we had the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is Jean by the way I don't know how to put my name in there what is wrong with me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing it is to have air conditioning! I know that I surely take it for granted until the day when it stops working. I did something similar to you walking around the store except I spent the afternoon at the library basking in that glorious coolness. Hope you get it fixed soon and that you and your babies stay cool!

    Ambrose @ Brown & Reaves Services, Inc.

    ReplyDelete