Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Vacation Bible School

Last week Belle had Vacation Bible School at our parish, and it was wonderful. I have such good memories of my own VBS when I was a kid, and I think Belle loved it (even if she didn't get to wear a uniform like she had hoped). There is something so wonderful about kids spending a week in the summer at "school" doing religious crafts, playing outside, and eating sugary snacks.

She wore this awesome sheep mask the entire car ride home, and I laughed every time I looked in the rearview mirror
Right as I got to the school to drop Belle off on Monday morning I realized this was the first time that I was ever just leaving Belle somewhere without me (other than family babysitting her). It would be the first time I wouldn't know every single detail of her day, and I felt a little sad. My BIL pulled his car up with 2 of my nephews at the exact same time, and he offered to sign Belle in, so I wouldn't have to get the younger 2 out of car seats. So just like that Belle jumped out of the car without a care in the world, and she ran into school with her cousins without even a hug or goodbye for her Mommy. I love that happy independent girl. She heard me telling the Officer that on the phone, and she said "Sorry Mommy, I will say goodbye to you tomorrow."
The 3 girls were happy to be reunited in the afternoons.... plastic high heels and everything
I was nice to hang out with Bug and Lettie in the mornings. Bug dealt with her separation from Belle really well.... she only asked me about 15 times the first morning how soon we were picking up Belle. It was also really nice to have my MIL watch the younger girls one morning, so I had 3 glorious hours to myself.
We spent most mornings playing with Lettie's best bud in the entire world and cousin
Belle seemed to have a great week, and Bug is looking forward to being old enough to go next summer We were all busy, so the week went by very quickly, and now we have gotten through 2 weeks without the Officer. I finally joined the iPhone world last week, so we were able FaceTime him some, which has been great. Four more weeks until he comes home for a weekend visit!

I'm hoping if I keep sending him pictures like this I can convince him to come home sooner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment