Sunday, August 2, 2015

1st week without the Officer

On Monday the Officer left for his 6 months of training for his new job, and we have survived one week without him! I'm not even going to think about how many more weeks we have to go.... just going to think about the days we have behind us.

goodbye hugs

So far it is going okay. We miss him like crazy, and on day two I had my first big cry session. That day I found out that his training doesn't finish until mid-February, which actually makes this training 6.5 months, and I guess those extra two weeks just put my pregnant emotional mind over the edge. I also realized that he has terrible phone reception there and no internet in his room, so my hopes of skyping almost every day were ruined. The first night we talked on the phone for about 15 minutes and our call dropped 3 times. So that was all the difficult stuff the first week that caused me to cry for 2 hours on Tuesday night.

little picnic to cheer us up

Since that 2nd night I have been much better. I'm not thinking about February anymore.... just taking one month at a time. We also started planning some visits, so I'm just going to think about the next visit each month. Right now, we are hoping that the Officer will be able to come home for Labor Day weekend.... that is only 5 weeks from now.  I can do 5 weeks! We did skype for the first time yesterday, and it was great to see the Officer. It was heartbreaking to watch Lettie though... she blew him about 30 kisses, laughed, smiled, said "Dada", and then cried as she kept reaching for him to hold her. I know he must miss her hugs big time.

the little heartbreaker

I don't know how military wives do this- and without the hope of some weekend visits. Wow some women are just incredible.

The girls and I are keeping busy, and hopefully the weeks will fly by. We visited a friend one day last week, visited my family this weekend, and next week Belle is doing Vacation Bible School all week. The girls have been awesome so far, and that makes my days easier. We are in a good little routine while we are living with the Officer's parents right now. I know we will get through this time apart, because we have no choice but to get through it, and in the long run this job will be great for our family. We miss you Officer Mik and love you!! We are so happy to be one week closer to seeing him again!

1 comment:

  1. Always here if you want distraction from a weird sister/aunt. Hoping these days fly! xo

    ReplyDelete