Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day! I'm forever grateful for all of the brave men and women who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom.
We didn't have any exciting plans this weekend. No visits to any memorials and no barbecues. The Officer worked all weekend, so the girls and I pushed through the weekend at home by ourselves. Two of the girls were sick most of the weekend, and in the brief moments the Officer was home I got to enjoy about 15 minutes total of adult conversation, but much to my surprise I really enjoyed just relaxing at home with my girls.


The weather was beautiful, and Belle and Bug spent every free second playing outside. Belle is happy to spend hours riding her bike in circles on the driveway, and Bug is happy to ride alongside her best friend anytime.

Lettie never appreciates when I keep her inside with me while her big sisters play on the deck, so whenever that happened this weekend, she was perched in her usual spot at the door just begging to escape.


And of course there is no way to resist a Lettie smile and "Mamama", so it didn't take long for her to make it on to the deck with her buddies. Unfortunately, that meant I was forced to sit on the sunny deck and watch these three cuties play, while the dishes didn't get washed. Rough life I live.

the fake twins
God bless the men and women who have died, so that we can continue to live this beautiful life.



1 comment: